Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Looking realistically at what the body is to counter sexual attraction
- Social conditioning and sexual attraction
- Review of verses 39 and 40
- Verses 41 and 42: Abandon desire and strive toward nirvana
- Verses 43 to 45: Diminishing desire by contemplating the corpse
- Verse 46: Those you are attracted to will be the food of vultures
- Verse 47: Comparing those you desire to walking corpses