Part of a series of teachings on Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas on the Middle Way given on an annual basis by Geshe Yeshe Thabkhe from 2013-2017.
Motivation from The Three Principal Aspects of the Path by Je Tsongkhapa
Listen with clear minds, you fortunate ones who direct your minds to the path pleasing to the Buddha and strive to make good use of freedom and fortune without being attached to the joys of cyclic existence.
- Why it is necessary to cultivate fear of cyclic existence
- Inappropriateness of attachment to youth
- Appropriateness of fear of cyclic existence because we are under the control of afflictions and karma
- How to abandon the causes for rebirth in cyclic existence
- Why it is important to make effort to abandon cyclic existence in this lifetime
- Abandoning attachment to good rebirths in cyclic existence