Chapter 2: An interwoven explanation of the causes and effects of higher rebirth and highest good. Part of a series of talks on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland of Advice for a King.
- We readily go for temporary worldly pleasures and think of the consequences later
- The problems that result from using intoxicants
- The nine disadvantages that come from gambling
- The antidote to sexual desire is seeing the impurity of another’s body
- Examining what the body is composed of and what comes out of it
- The experience of watching an autopsy
Precious Garland 38: Verses 144-158 (download)