Part of a series of teachings on Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas on the Middle Way given on an annual basis by Geshe Yeshe Thabkhe from 2013-2017.
Motivation from Letter to a Friend by Nagarjuna
Even more stupid than one who fills
A jewel-encrusted golden vessel with excrement
Is he who, having been born a human,
Performs evil deeds.
- Making good use of our precious human life to cultivate virtues and avoid non-virtues to bring about liberation and full awakening
- Benefits of inspiring others to generate conventional and ultimate bodhicitta
- Physical and mental conduct of a bodhisattva
- Greater compassion and care for people with strong afflictions
- How bodhisattvas gradually lead and teach sentient beings according to their dispositions
- Four ways of gathering disciples
- Faults of not giving encouragement to benefit others