Chapter 2: An interwoven explanation of the causes and effects of higher rebirth and highest good. Part of a series of talks on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland of Advice for a King.
- The body is impure and filled with foul substances but we don’t see it for what it is
- The distorted conceptions of the body provoke the disturbing emotions which motivate negative actions
- If you meditate on the foul nature of the body, there will be a decrease in lust
- How attachment to others’ bodies interferes with the three higher trainings
- The negative karma of hunting and its results
Precious Garland 39: Verses 158-171 (download)