Part of a series of teachings on Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas on the Middle Way given on an annual basis by Geshe Yeshe Thabkhe from 2013-2017.
- Why it is necessary to abandon the causes for rebirth in cyclic existence: karma motivated by the afflictions
- As there can be no real pleasure, it is unreasonable to strive for a nonexistent effect
- Abandoning attachment to virtuous actions
- Repudiating the accumulation of karma for the sake of possessions, out of attachment to worldly practices and attractive objects
Questions and answers
- Reminders of impermanence as an antidote to pride
- At what level can bodhisattvas direct their rebirth?