Review: Mindfulness of the body
A discussion of quiz questions 1-6
Part of a series of teachings on A Presentation of the Establishment of Mindfulness by Gyalwa Chokyi Gyaltsen.
- A review of questions 1-6 from the first quiz
- Meditate on the body, feelings, mind, and phenomena to:
- Release the grasping of inherent existence
- Prevent from seeing body as the basis of self
- Prevent us from clinging to feelings as objects of enjoyment
- Help overcome clinging to mind as the actual self or “I”
- Help overcome clinging to phenomena
- Hearers, solitary realizers, and bodhisattvas meditate on four establishments of mindfulness differently; difference is in motivation and lines of reasoning
Four Establishments of Mindfulness 16: Quiz discussion, part 1 (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.