Review: Right understanding of feelings
A discussion of quiz questions 7-9
Part of a series of teachings on A Presentation of the Establishment of Mindfulness by Gyalwa Chokyi Gyaltsen.
- Seeing all sentient beings as under influence of their afflictions and karma
- Three kinds of feelings that relate to three kinds of dukkha
- How we get hooked and attached to our feelings
- Self-centered mind is hindrance to generating bodhichitta
- The relationship between feelings and the self
- Ways of meditating on mindfulness of feelings
- Contemplate the disadvantages of these samsaric feelings and how they lead to craving and clinging
Four Establishments of Mindfulness 17: Quiz discussion, part 2 (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.