Part of a series of teachings given through the Dharma Friendship Foundation in Seattle from January 1995 to April 1996.
- Meditation on loving kindness to overcome rage, resentment, spite and jealousy
- Brief review of the mind and all the mental factors
- Afflictions related to attachment
- Complacency—different aspects such as social position, education, etc., and humility, respect as antidotes
- Agitation—scatter or wander, introspective alertness as a main antidote
- Meditating on impermanence, the conditioned nature of all things, disadvantages of cyclic existence
Mind and mental factors 23: Complacency, agitation (download)