Part of a series of teachings given through the Dharma Friendship Foundation in Seattle from January 1995 to April 1996.
- Guided meditation for developing non-attachment as it applies to reputation, praise and approval
- Discussion on problems that arise from the attachments and the importance of doing the meditations
- Introducing non-hatred, the basis for prevention of anger, increase of love and patience
- Three objects of anger—person, pain or harm itself, cause of the harm
- Four situations not to retaliate in—harsh words, physical, insults, humiliation
Mind and mental factors 10: Non-attachment and non-hatred (download)