Faith or confidence
Group of 11 virtuous mental factors
Part of a series of teachings given through the Dharma Friendship Foundation in Seattle from January 1995 to April 1996.
- Review of object-ascertaining mental factors
- Faith or confidence, first of the 11 virtuous mental factors
- What faith or confidence refers to in the context of Buddhism
- Faith in Three Jewels, karma, qualities of bodhisattavas
- Acts as a basis for generating aspiration to develop virtuous qualities
- Personal example of faith in the spiritual journey
Mind and mental factors 07: Faith and confidence (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.