Part of a series of teachings given through the Dharma Friendship Foundation in Seattle from January 1995 to April 1996.
- Review of mental factors of personal integrity and consideration for others versus shame and guilt
- Next three virtuous mental factors: non-attachment, non-hatred, non-bewilderment
- These three are opposite of and oppose the three poisons: attachment, anger, ignorance
- These three correspond to the three aspects of the path: renunciation, bodhicitta, wisdom realizing emptiness
- What is non-attachment, what are the antidotes to attachment?
- Discussion with the participants on various attachments
- Investigating our attachments and how that relates to spiritual progress
Mind and mental factors 09: Non-attachment (download)