Group of 11 virtuous mental factors
Part of a series of teachings given through the Dharma Friendship Foundation in Seattle from January 1995 to April 1996.
- Guided meditation to watch laziness and generate enthusiasm
- Mindfulness in terms of awareness of the 10 positive and the 10 negative actions
- Conscientiousness is the valuing of the 10 positive actions, that produces mindfulness
- Five different ways of categorizing conscientiousness—former, subsequent, middle, prior to activity, concordant behavior
- Questions and answers
- Is it possible to have disturbing attitudes and still be virtuous?
- Is this analytical meditation?
- How long should we meditate on a conclusion in analytical meditation?
Mind and mental factors 13: (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.