Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- How to be content and have personal restraint to conserve the resources of the planet
- Applying compassion and fortitude while working on social issues
- Importance of having concern for others, broader view, and long term impact when making business decisions
- Considering ethical dimension of our actions on others now and in the future
- How media and entertainment affect our mind
62 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Consumerism and the Environment (download)
- Why do we develop strength when recognizing and forgiving ignorant actions of the past?
The World of Business and Finance
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama states: “I ask those involved in business and government to keep future generations in mind as you make decisions in the present.” Why do those in business and government not keep future generations in mind even though they have children or grandchildren themselves?
- Why is it ok to be the best? What activities on an economic level are admirable in that regard?