Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Faulty reasons versus correct reasons to discern what to believe
- Why investigating teachings through our own experience is so beneficial
- Three ways to know that a Buddhist teaching is authentic
- The importance of both study and meditative practice
- Determining the difference between common and unique teachings
36 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Evaluating the Authenticity of Teachings (download)
- What are reasons why someone could buy into a doctrine in a non-reliable way? Say it in your own words.
- What criteria should you be aware of for when looking for reliable teachings?
- What are the reasons someone could get into a situation where they could meet an unreliable teacher or teachings?