Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Creating causes to cultivate bodhicitta
- Paying homage to the buddhas
- Using our precious human life wisely
- Benefits of bodhicitta and having the bodhicitta motivation
- Two kinds of bodhicitta
- Overcoming ignorance to eliminate three types of suffering
22 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: Review of Chapter 1 (download)