Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- The last four limbs in the seven-limb prayer:
- Rejoicing in virtue as an antidote to low self-esteem
- Requesting the buddhas to continue teaching the Dharma
- Requesting the buddhas not to pass into nirvana
- Dedication of merit as a practice of generosity
- Decreasing attachment to our body
- Meditation on giving your body away
A guided meditation on giving your body away can be found here.
24 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: Review of Chapter 3 (download)