Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Changing our views on how to study the dharma compared to secular education
- Importance of planting seeds for topics that we don’t understand now
- Drawbacks of comparing one’s progress with peer dharma friends
- Why we need to balance dharma activities and daily life activities
- Three types of faith or confidence
- Using reasoning and analysis to deepen one’s understanding
50 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Tools for the Path (download)
- What are some of the differences between regular school education and Dharma teachings?
- Consider how to balance formal Dharma practice and engaging in projects that benefit others.
- Consider how to set priorities in your life. Sit and analyze what is important in your life right now and set your priorities accordingly.