Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Disadvantages of giving up bodhicitta
- Reflecting on the consequences of our actions
- Four conditions for practicing the Mahayana path
- No opportunity for creating virtue in the lower realms
- Rarity and difficulty of obtaining a precious human life in terms of analogy, numbers, and creating the causes
- Is it possible to create the causes for a precious human life?
33 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: The Rarity of a Precious Human Life (download)