Part of a series of teachings on A Presentation of the Establishment of Mindfulness by Gyalwa Chokyi Gyaltsen.
- A review of questions 5-9 of the second quiz.
- Four ways to meditate on the mindfulness of the mind
- Contemplate the mind of the past, future and focus on the mind that defined the mind of the present
- Look for the mind
- Ask what is the mind
- Meditation on the clear and aware nature of the mind
- Mindfulness of the impermanent nature of the mind; changing moment by moment
- Mental factors are phenomena; two classes: purified, impure
- Mindfulness of phenomena: conditioned, unconditioned, abstract composites
- Meditation on thoughts: momentary and fluctuating, dependent upon causes and conditions, examine afflictions that arise, and antidotes that lead to true cessation
- Other meditations to eliminate specific mental factors
Four Establishments of Mindfulness 27: Quiz 2 questions 5-9 (download)
Quiz questions 10 and 11 are reviewed during the first part of the April 7, 2011 teaching on Chapter 9 of Shantideva’s “Engaging in the Bodhisattva Deeds.”