Part of a series of teachings on Essence of Refined Gold by the Third Dalai Lama, Gyalwa Sonam Gyatso. The text is a commentary on Songs of Experience by Lama Tsongkhapa.
The advantages of cherishing others
- Contemplating the advantages of cherishing others
- Exchanging self and others
- Cherishing others in a sincere way brings about our own happiness and the happiness of others in this and future lives
Essence of Refined Gold 36 (download)
Questions and answers
- Can you clarify how the collection of merit and wisdom lead to the different bodies of the Buddha?
- In the historical form, did the Buddha achieve buddhahood or was that an emanation?
- From the Mahayana viewpoint can one attain buddhahood in a human life?
- The inspiration of the Buddha’s life
- Do you do tonglen after exchanging self and others?
Essence of Refined Gold 36: Q&A (download)