Part of a series of teachings on Essence of Refined Gold by the Third Dalai Lama, Gyalwa Sonam Gyatso. The text is a commentary on Songs of Experience by Lama Tsongkhapa.
Meditation on death
- The benefit of contemplating our death
- The disadvantages of not contemplating our death
- The nine-point death meditation
Essence of Refined Gold 13 (download)
Questions and answers
- Is the nine-point death meditation the same as Phowa practice?
- How can you help others at the time of death if you don’t know their spiritual practice?
Essence of Refined Gold 13: Q&A (download)