Part of a series of teachings on Essence of Refined Gold by the Third Dalai Lama, Gyalwa Sonam Gyatso. The text is a commentary on Songs of Experience by Lama Tsongkhapa.
Rebirth and karma
- The two continuums of the body and the mind
- Benefit of contemplating the possibility of rebirth in the lower realms
- How our future happiness depends on our actions
Essence of Refined Gold 15 (download)
Questions and answers
- Can you explain the end of the Vajrasattva practice? If nobody else can purify our negative karma, is Vajrasattva just validating that we have purified our own karma?
- What kind of body do beings in the lower realms have?
- When we are doing purification practice and we get sick or have pain is that a result of purification practice?
Essence of Refined Gold 15: Q&A (download)