Others have been kind
124 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds
Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, Bodhisattvacharyavatara, often translated as Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds. Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- What does it mean for something to belong to me?
- The nine points of equalizing self and others: The second set of three points
- All sentient beings have been kind to us
- Even if some have harmed us, the kindness we have received is greater than the harm
- Since we are all going to die what’s the use of holding grudges?
124 Others have been kind (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.