Making effort, joyfully
93 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds
Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, Bodhisattvacharyavatara, often translated as Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds. Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Verses 68-69: Maintaining conscientiousness to overcome afflictions
- Verse 70-71: Being attentive to the afflictions in the mind
- Verse 72: Turning back laziness
- Verse 73: Contemplating misdeeds in order to discontinue them
- Verse 74: Acquainting the mind with mindfulness
- Verse 75 Joyfully engaging in virtuous actions
- Verse 76: Accomplishing everything with joy
93 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: Making effort, joyfully (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.