Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- When things happen to us, do we consider their causes?
- Abandoning 10 non-virtues, engaging in 10 virtues
- Intentional physical, verbal, mental actions
- Three principles of causality
- Three types of causes
- Common misconceptions about karma
- Mind is the forerunner of miserable states and happy states
- Examples of an unplanned event having an effect in the future
- Sutta quotation on karma
- Four general characteristics of karma
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 75: Review of Chapter 10 (download)