- Investigate a spiritual teachers qualities
- Assessing the teacher’s conduct, knowledge, and students
- Qualities of a spiritual mentor
- Qualities of a suitable Fundamental Vehicle teacher
- Qualities of a fully qualified Perfection Vehicle teacher
- Qualities of a suitable tantric master
- Questions and answers
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 19: The qualities of a spiritual mentor (download)
19 The Foundation of Buddhist Practice: The Qualities of a Spiritual Mentor 11-04-19
- Why is it important to take the time to assess the qualities of someone before we take them as a spiritual mentor? Why is being clear about choosing our spiritual mentors more important than figuring out who we will marry or what career path we will take?
- What are the different ways we can go about assessing a teacher’s qualities?
- One by one, contemplate qualities for a Fundamental Vehicle, Perfection Vehicle, and Vajrayana spiritual mentor. Reflect on the purpose of the three sets of qualities and how each applies to the respective stage of development of the disciple. Make a determination to examine the qualities of prospective spiritual mentors and to choose wisely.