Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Motivation and purpose for meditating
- Short meditation on the nature of the mind
- Discussion on how do we know we have a mind?
- Relationship between mind and brain
- Logical argument to think about rebirth
- Three principals of causality, applied to mind
- How considering rebirth influences our behavior
- Discussion on how did we come to accept rebirth?
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 72: Review of Chapter 7 (download)