Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Discussion of three types of phenomena
- Cognizers for ordinary beings and arya beings
- Camp fire example
- Interactive exercise for seven types of cognizers
- Reliable cognizers and subsequent cognizers
- Direct perceivers and inferential cognizers
- Division of inferential reliable cognizers
- Sautrantika and Prasangika views on reliable cognizers
- Analytical meditation and stabilizing meditation
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 67: Review of Chapter 2 (download)
The handout for the review can be viewed here.