Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Two conditions needed for dharma practice
- What does qualified mean?
- Nine ways by which spiritual mentor guides the students
- Differences between a secular teacher and spiritual mentor
- Having realistic expectations towards spiritual teachers
- Three types of practices and three types of spiritual mentors
- Ten qualities of a spiritual mentor
- Three qualities of a student
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 69: Review of Chapter 4 (download)