Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- What it means to offer objects of attachment, aversion, or ignorance
- Discussion of the usage of words such as merit, holy, inspire
- Our efforts and contribution to transform our minds
- Three great purposes of supplication
- Internal and external hindrances
- Forming a relationship with the Buddha
- Glance meditation on the stages of the path
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 30: Requesting Inspiration (download)
- Describe in your own words what happens in your mind/heart when you request inspiration from the Buddhas and bodhisattvas.
- How do the Buddhas protect us? How do we protect ourselves from suffering?