Part of an on going series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Background on seven limb prayer
- How to do the practice
- Each limb has some aspect of purification and some aspect of creation of merit
- What it means to regret our negative actions
- Importance of rejoicing at ours and others’ good qualities or conditions
- Not taking teachings or teachers for granted
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 29: Contemplating the Seven Limbs (download)
- How can you increase your level of respect towards others?
- Why is it helpful to contemplate emptiness while make offerings?