The actual session and dedications
31 The Foundation of Buddhist Practice
Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Importance of making an outline with examples from one’s own life
- Having an overview of various topics
- Analytical meditation and stabilizing meditation
- Relating a topic to the method and wisdom aspects of the path
- Meditating consistently for gradual progress
- Contemplating the dependent nature of dedication
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 31: The Actual Session And Dedications (download)
- What are the benefits of analytical meditation?
- What practices do you need to apply to better understand the undesirable nature of cyclic existence? If you are not applying these currently, what keeps you from doing so?
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.