Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Importance of making an outline with examples from one’s own life
- Having an overview of various topics
- Analytical meditation and stabilizing meditation
- Relating a topic to the method and wisdom aspects of the path
- Meditating consistently for gradual progress
- Contemplating the dependent nature of dedication
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 31: The Actual Session And Dedications (download)
- What are the benefits of analytical meditation?
- What practices do you need to apply to better understand the undesirable nature of cyclic existence? If you are not applying these currently, what keeps you from doing so?