A series of talks based on Don’t Believe Everything You Think given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in March 2013. The book is a commentary on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas.
Harsh words disturb the minds of others
And cause deterioration in a Bodhisattva’s conduct.
Therefore give up harsh words
Which are unpleasant to others—
This is the practice of Bodhisattvas.
- The disadvantages of harsh speech
- They push others away and harm our relationships
- They cause deterioration in the Bodhisattva’s conduct
- They disturb our minds and the minds of others
- Stories of those who transformed their mind to avoid harsh speech and remain calm in adversity
SDD 34: Zipping our lips (download)