A talk given in Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
Anger from a Buddhist perspective
Questions and answers
- Should we question our positive feelings as well as our negative feelings?
- Do you think that confrontation is part of letting go of your anger?
- How do you talk to others about forgiveness and letting go of anger?
- Is there evil?
- What does it mean to be a Buddhist nun?
- Can you talk about short-term ordination in Thailand?
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.