A series of talks based on Don’t Believe Everything You Think given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in March 2013. The book is a commentary on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas.
While the enemy of your own anger is unsubdued,
Though you conquer external foes, they will only increase.
Therefore with the militia of love and compassion
Subdue your own mind—
This is the practice of Bodhisattvas.
- All have the potential to be free of anger and have a heart of love and compassion
- The source of anger is in our own mind, not from an external person or situation
- Eliminating anger does not happen through arranging the external environment
- How to work with the mind to decrease anger
- Developing love and compassion for those who intentionally harm
SDD 20: Working with anger (download)