A series of talks based on Don’t Believe Everything You Think given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in March 2013. The book is a commentary on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas.
Even if a person for whom you’ve cared
Like your own child regards you as an enemy,
Cherish him specially, like a mother
Does her child who is stricken by sickness—
This is the practice of Bodhisattvas.
- How to work with the mind when those who are close betray us
- Seeing those who betray us as overwhelmed by afflictions dispels anger and cultivates compassion
- Two ways to look at those who harm us
- Forgiving others benefits ourselves
- How to overcome difficulty in forgiving others
SDD 16: Betrayal (download)