Part of a series of teachings on Essence of Refined Gold by the Third Dalai Lama, Gyalwa Sonam Gyatso. The text is a commentary on Songs of Experience by Lama Tsongkhapa.
Three types of generosity
- Generosity of giving the Dharma
- Generosity of giving protection
- Generosity of giving material goods
- The four hindrances to giving material goods
Essence of Refined Gold 39 (download)
Questions and answers
- When we practice exchanging self and others, could we accentuate the difference between ourself and others?
- Is making an offering of practice or dedicating a practice giving the Dharma?
- Are there more kinds of generosity, such as generosity of silence during retreat?
Essence of Refined Gold 39: Q&A (download)