Part of a series of teachings given at Dharma Friendship Foundation in Seattle from January 1995 to April 1996.
- Review and continuation of omnipresent mental factors—mental engagement (attention)
- Five object-ascertaining mental factors (determining mental factors): aspiration, appreciation, mindfulness, single-pointedness (concentration), and intelligence
- Detailed discussion of aspiration and classification
- How the five mental factors influence each other
- Discussion and description of terms desire, thought, emotion, mental image
- Examples of non-conceptual mental consciousness i.e., clairvoyance, dream
Mind and mental factors 04: Attention and aspiration (download)