Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Karmic seeds are purified
- Afflictions are weakened and abandoned
- Objects abandoned by reasoning and by the path
- Considering the long terms effects of research
- Being biologically alive and having consciousness
- Questions to consider about in vitro fertilization, stem cell research and cloning
- Taking decisions regarding birth control and abortion
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 59: Karma and Current Ethical Issues (download)
- Why do we transform our afflictions, not abandon them?
- Do you have some ideas about how we take our afflictions on the path to generate the Buddha body?