Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Having a long term view and practicing fortitude
- Eight worldly concerns impede our spiritual progress
- Ethical conduct is critical for inner peace and joy
- Benefits of reflecting on gross impermanence
- Importance of meditating on death
- Death meditation, three main points
- Four factors influencing death
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 44: Looking Beyond This Life (download)
- Where do you seek comfort?
- What is the most effective way to subdue you longing for comfort?
- What do you have to do to obtain a precious human life?
- What is really important for you in life?