Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Using our current opportunities well, not taking teachings or teachers for granted
- Examine if we and those around us have all the qualities of a precious human life
- How hard it is have the favorable conditions from Array of Stalks Sutra
- Ethical conduct and six perfections as causes for a precious human life
- The long term view of many life times and creating favorable conditions for practice
- Importance of having conviction in the law of karma and its results
- Seeing the value of our life inspires us not to waste it and practice the Dharma
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 41: The Difficulty Of Attaining A Precious Human Life (download)
- Have you created the conditions for another precious human life?
- Do you have the aspiration for a precious human life very firmly in your mind? What are the benefits of holding this so strongly in mind?