Venerable Chodron is offering a series of nine online teachings on the text “Parting from the Four Attachments” by Nubpa Rigzin Drak at the request of the Friends of Sravasti Russia. This classic text from the Sakya tradition gets straight to the heart of the obstacles to our Dharma practice and how to overcome them.
- Reflection on dependent arising and interconnectedness
- Q&A session:
- Role of cooperative conditions in ripening of karmic seeds
- How we should use this life to make sure we are always connected with the Dharma in future lives
- Relationship between afflictions and karma
- Scientific and Buddhist theories about consciousness
- If there is no truly existent self, who is responsible for decision-making?
- How to develop love and compassion towards people we find difficult
- Factors that influence the first type of attachment: attachment to this life
- How the degree of our suffering depends on our interpretation of a situation
The root text for this teaching can be found here.