Venerable Chodron is offering a series of nine online teachings on the text “Parting from the Four Attachments” by Nubpa Rigzin Drak at the request of the Friends of Sravasti Russia. This classic text from the Sakya tradition gets straight to the heart of the obstacles to our Dharma practice and how to overcome them.
- Disadvantages of the eight worldly concerns and ways they interfere with the Dharma practice
- Advantages of study and reflection and defects of study and reflection driven by the eight worldly concerns
- Benefits of meditative practice and faults of meditative practice pursued for this life’s sake
- Meditation on death and impermanence as an antidote to the eight worldly concerns
- Nine-point death meditation