Venerable Chodron is offering a series of nine online teachings on the text “Parting from the Four Attachments” by Nubpa Rigzin Drak at the request of the Friends of Sravasti Russia. This classic text from the Sakya tradition gets straight to the heart of the obstacles to our Dharma practice and how to overcome them.
- Review of the three kinds of duhkha
- A guided meditation on equanimity
- Reflection on the kindness of others as part of two methods to cultivate bodhicitta
- Repaying the kindness of others and developing heart-warming love and compassion to reduce self-centeredness
- Q&A session:
- How to stay optimistic when faced with suffering of others
- Difference between parents’ attachment to their children and genuine care