Motivation from Chandrakirti’s Supplement to the Middle Way
Now I have independence and favorable conditions.
If I do not take full advantage of this time
I will plunge into the abyss and
Fall under the control of others.
Who will let me out?
- Showing the flaws of the contention that sound is apprehended through contact
- Refuting the idea that mind apprehends objects after travelling to them
- Refuting the objection that if sense organs and their objects do not exist inherently, then the aggregate of recognition is nonexistent
- Refuting the objection that of the aggregate of discrimination does not exist inherently, it is impossible to posit phenomena
- Showing that lack of true existence is, like magic, a cause for amazement