The teachings on Chapter 13 of Aryadeva’s Four Hundred Stanzas on the Middle Way refute the inherent existence of senses and objects.
- Analyzing how an object is perceived and what perceives it
- Refuting an inherently existent visual consciousness as the one that is looking at an object
- Refuting an inherently existent eye organ as the perceiver
- Refuting the combination of the three—eye, consciousness and object—as the instrument of looking at form
- Refuting inherent existence by examining auditory perception
79 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Verses 312-320 (download)