Working with jealousy
Shantideva’s “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds,” Chapter 6, Verses 80-89
A series of teachings given at various venues in Mexico in April 2015. The teachings are in English with Spanish translation. This talk took place at Tergar Puebla in La Paz.
- Counteracting the jealous mind
- Overcoming anger at our enemy’s gain
- Building up courage to undertake difficulties for spiritual growth
- Cultivating genuine self-confidence
- Stopping anger when we have hindrances to fulfilling our desires
- Overcoming the mind that rejoices in our enemies’ suffering
- Questions and answers
- Responding to a corrupt politician’s incarceration
- Avoiding anger in response to horrific events
- Living with people who make us angry
- Being compassionate towards ourselves when we get angry
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.