Working with anger, developing fortitude
Shantideva’s “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds,” Chapter 6, Verses 1-7
A series of teachings given at various venues in Mexico in April 2015. The teachings are in English with Spanish translation. This talk took place at Canaco Auditorium in Cozumel.
- General definition of anger
- The disadvantages of anger
- The virtue, meaning, and benefits of developing fortitude
- We should not expect others to put up with our anger and vice versa
- Karmic results of anger
- Thinking about the disadvantages of anger helps us to contain our temper
- Questions and answers
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.