Antidotes to anger
Shantideva’s “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds,” Chapter 6, Verses 16-21
A series of teachings given at various venues in Mexico in April 2015. The teachings are in English with Spanish translation. This talk took place at Yeshe Gyaltsen Center in Cozumel.
- Familiarizing ourselves with the antidotes to anger
- Releasing our present and past anger
- How to keep a steady mind in the face of suffering
- Overcoming our habit of blaming others and victimizing ourselves
- Seeing the good qualities of suffering
- The four opponent powers
- Questions and answers
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.